Upgrade from Smile PDFPen Pro V12

Jochen Häberle

• 1 month later...
  • Official Nitronaut

Hi @Jochen Häberle

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

We have a knowledgebase article that has instructions on how to upgrade your PDFpen Pro 12 to the latest version which is 13. Please refer to the link below:

How do I upgrade to PDFpen / PDFpenPro 13?
https://smile.helpscoutdocs.com/article/54-how-do-i-upgrade-to-pdfpen-pdfpenpro-12 

There is a free upgrade for purchases made on or after January 1, 2021; no free upgrades available on the Mac App Store.

Kind regards,

• 6 months later...
  • Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Marcel,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

When you selected 'Buy an upgrade license' and entered your license key 752AA81B-xxxxxxxx-xxxxxxxx-xxxxxxxx-410C799E, did you received an error message?

We would love to have a screenshot of the error message on your next response so I can check our resources.

Thank you very much in advance and I am looking forward to hearing back from you.

Hi @Allain Umailin,

thank you for your quick response. My license key for PDFPenPro looks like PPRO12_S_1_752AA81B-xxxxxxxx-xxxxxxxx-xxxxxxxx-410C799E. I can't omit PPRO12_S_1_, otherwise the OK button in the registration windows wouldn't be activated.

Once I've entered my full name and the license key I get the following warnings. Might be worth to mention that:

• I've bought PDFPenPro 12 when it still was owned by SmileSoftware
  • My full name contains an Umlaut (in case that causes issues when matching the license on your servers)

5PLZhZM.pngf7hgojL.png

By the way, I switched my system's main language to English for the screenshots. In my primary language (German) the help text says to write an email to support@smilesoftware.com. Of course they declined support. I can send a proof of purchase to support@pdfpen.com if desired.